Monday, November 9, 2009

A < Not > Rainy Day

Sunday, November 8, 2009

The weather was wonderful today. Wonderful for Ireland…it didn’t rain one drop and it was about 5 degrees warmer than yesterday! Zach and I ran into many people we knew today so that helped pass the time.

Evidentially, the Irish drink more tea than any other country, so I guess it is only fitting that I developed a taste for drinking hot tea here. So much so that I took a sugar water today from Eddie Rockets because I am worried that it might have an effect on the coloring of my teeth!

After work we went over to Marta’s for her torta de chocolate and hot chocolate. So much wonderful chocolate! She, of course, showed me how to make it! We played games on paper which we found to be similar. They play dot to dot, tic-tac-toe, hangman, Parcheesi and snakes and ladders with variations on the names.
When she asked me about the famous comics in America, I gave her Peanuts and Foxtrot. We have Calvin and Hobbes in common. In Spain they also have Mafalda (Argentinean). I have noticed that following comics seems to have more emphasis than we put on them in the US. Marta also told me about places to go in Bologna!

I left early so I could go to bed in order to roll out of bed at 6am. It is going to be a long month!

No comments:

Post a Comment