Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New Moon

Sunday, November 22, 2009

I thought I wouldn’t be at work again today. I was woken up by rain being hurled against my window by gushed of wind. Then is stopped right at 11:30 again. The day repeated itself much like yesterday. At 2:45 we got another downpour, so Zach and I ran to the cover of Eddie Rockets for an early break.

We saw almost everyone today: Demi and Isabel, the Austrian and Frenchies, the Italians, and the Canadians. It seems like we know a lot of people now.

The day was mostly uneventful and dreary. After the rainstorm at 2:45 it continued to rain on and off. Zach and I went in at 5:20 to get a tea and ask if we needed to stay out. Mei told us we could go home. I was elated.

I decided to go to the movie with Monica. She had wanted to see New Moon (the Twilight series) and was not sure if she would be back from her trip to Dublin by Tuesday night to see it when there is a student discount. So, I decided that tonight would be a good night despite the weather. If you didn’t go out in the rain, you’d never do anything in Ireland.

I met her and Audrey (her French roommate) at 7:30, and we made it out to the theater for the 8pm showing. It was the classic series movie that picks up where the last left off and leaves it open ended for the next one, but I liked it. A lot of dramatic action scenes after another. The girl did seem a bit overdramatic to me, but Monica said the book does a better job of making it fit than the movie.

On the way back from the theater she explained the whole series to me. I love people like that. If I ask for it then I can take it. It isn’t going to deter me from reading the books, if anything it has made me more interested. Yea, I know what is going to happen, but I don’t know how it is going to happen. The reason I haven’t read the Harry Potter or Twilight craze series is because I know I will get wrapped up in them I won’t be able to do or think about much else till they are finished. The movie itself stayed with me all night and the next day. If I read them, it will be when I have an extended amount of time (like here in Ireland would have been good). Monica and I stood and talked in the drizzly wind for about 20 minutes before parting. With my multi-layer system, I’ve become quite accustomed to the elements. Well, at least wind and rain.

*As I am writing this I can see out the apartment windows and it is not raining, but the clouds are beautiful. This sun is basically gone, but a little bit of light is still creating outlines of the layers of cloud cover. It really is something. It would be cool to have a small airplane to go exploring at cloud level with. I think that is the coolest part about flying…the clouds. It is like a completely different world up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment