Friday, November 13, 2009

Nice day then Ugly day

Monday, November 9, 2009

I got to work and it was another day of moving boxes and shelving.
I had to get to the tax office and it started pouring rain, but I threw on my rain jacket and braved it. The wind did not help one bit in the situation.

When I got to the tax office I was filling out some papers and I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye. I looked over and descending into my backpack was a spider about the size of my thumb – menacing looking thing. I started carefully pulling things out of my pack till I found it attached to a piece of paper and seemingly dead. Creepy little thing.

It continued to rain all day, but I went on to the grocery after leaving the tax office. No matter the occasion I tend to visit all three stores each time I head out that way. I needed to get ingredients for my breads. I checked in some toe warmers for here and for Germany, but it was 3-4 Euro for one disposable set. Ridiculous!!

When I was on my way back from the store, Monica called asking if I wanted to go for a coffee. I wasn’t sure she was well enough to venture out, but she seemed bent on getting out of the house, so I agreed. I had a hot chocolate that was delicious and we sat at a table and talked for about an hour till I went home to take a nap.

I told Zach to wake me up when dinner was ready which gave me about an hour and half nap. Dinner was a lamb dish with rich and veggies. I’m not a huge fan of lamb. It’s not just the animal, but I’m not so keen on the taste. Depends on how it’s done, but it’s not really my preference; however, the dish he made was nice enough.

After dinner I began my baking. I altered the pumpkin bread recipe to be a sweet potato recipe at the suggestion of Laurel. It turned out to a wonderful substitute, and tasted quite similar. I also made apple and zucchini bread, which I chose to name apple corrugate loaf. Zucchinis are called corrugates in Ireland, England, Australia and New Zealand. I like the way it sounds better anyway. I think it’s French.

In the process of cooking, I managed to burn my palm. I wasn’t sure how bad it was at first, but I managed to get through it with a lot of cold water and Neosporin.

In the adaptation of the recipe, I was not sure exactly how to get puree out of the raw vegetable and because mom was MIA I went ahead brazenly trying things out! What I did worked and the loaves turned out wonderful. Some stuck to the pans again considering it had rained all day, so I left them to sell with the pan again. I also topped the sweet potato loaves with cream cheese icing I still had in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment