Friday, November 13, 2009

Could I have the dreaded flu?

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I guess yesterday was too much for me. I have to learn to take a nap even if I can’t sleep I need to rest. I did not go to work today. I was unable to sleep last night between nausea and sweats. I was very dehydrated and a little scared. I wasn’t sure what I was getting, but I knew it wasn’t good. I did get up at 6 (since I was already awake) and put layers on to walk up to Boots and see what the policy on not staying for work would be. My overseer was very nice and understanding. She even tried to find a thermometer for me, but couldn’t. The cash registers wouldn’t be able to be opened till 6:30, so I didn’t buy one either. She gave me a doctor I could go see if I felt like I needed one and asked me to call later and update my condition. Everyone I work with said they hoped I felt better and I went back home to bed. I slept till 3pm. I really needed it. I got out of bed and fixed some vegetable soup and finished the movie about the Gaza strip. It really is a moving piece that makes one think and sympathize. False knowledge is what gets people in trouble more so than a lack of knowledge.

Aside from fatigue, I don’t feel like I have the flu. I’m not really achy, and I can move, but I am still very tired. Thankfully, tomorrow is my day off as well. I called Mr. Kester and explained to him what I was experiencing. I left it up to him to whether dinner was still a go. He said it was best not to chance it, and it sounded like I needed to rest. So, we agreed to still meet up Friday to get the key and drop some stuff off.

I took another nap after my lunch. Just being up for two hours exhausted me. Normally I am not a nap person, just ask my former roommate. However, I will gladly fall asleep during the middle of the day if I need it – and that is usually an indication of being sick.

I woke up again to put some steak and potatoes in the oven and take a shower. After dinner, Zach and I watched a Sherlock Holmes movie and then he went out to meet friends while I went back to bed. With all my napping through out the day I was not sure if I would be able to sleep at night. It made no difference; I slept soundly till 9:30 the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment