Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Surprise! Maybe not Kilkenny afterall - but I do like the castle

So I'm going to divide these up for my readers and give the appearance of shorter segments. (Still just as much info - for those who actually enjoy the anecdotes)

I got offered a job today. Not as a receptionist because the 8 weeks of training then leaving shortly after made no sense. However, I was offered a part time position in food service (12-39 hrs a week depending on how busy they were). I need "safety" shoes, a black shirt and flesh hose to get the job, and I have till Monday to decide. That said - I'm not taking the job. I was the only one to get the offer and I don't like the establishment that much - mainly going on location since it's a good walk from everything. I also don't think it's wise for me to have a waitress job. Hostess maybe, but not waitress. I tend to have the short term memory of a goldfish and taking orders without pen and paper isn't going to be easy for me. Most would agree that I'm inclined to interrupt conversations, but I'm not trying to be rude, I just know I'll forget what ever it is I have to say.

I'm moving out again tomorrow, although I love this hostel. I've gotten the best sleep here yet and the shower pressure is phenomenal! There are also two dogs of course - Tilda and Sonny. Zach and I are going to Galway by way of Dublin. We bought a round trip ticket, so we'll use that to get back and pick up the rest of our luggage. Its Galway or no way! :) Kathelyn says there seem to be plenty of jobs there, and the help wanted ads in the online newspaper back her up. I'm fantasizing about working in a Christmas shop, but I'd settle for hostess of an Italian restaurant (well really any restaurant, but Italian sounds nice...hopefully, I'd like it better than Bridger). There also might be a part time receptionist position available at a less large-scale hotel.

If Galway and the surrounding area doesn't work out then I might just throw in the towel. It's not fun feeling damp all the time.

I do kind of want to experience curling up with a nice cup of hot chocolate (maybe some baileys :P) in my oversized Darkside sweatshirt, gym pants and footies on a couch I know will be my own for a few months while a mix of Irish folk music and Christmas spirit float in from the streets. Is that too much for a girl to ask for?

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the shout out....trust me, no one can EVER hate working at an Italian restaurant as much as I do. I do like that last little bit...it's all that i ask for at least. miss you terribly and can't wait to see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete