Wednesday, December 2, 2009


Monday, November 30, 2009

I woke up for work and was good not to wake anyone else up, except I forgot my watch and scared Jordi when I went back for it. He was getting up to use the toilet and he didn’t know I had already gotten up. When he saw me he said something in Spanish and then looked over at my bed then realized it was me. It was funny, but I felt bad for scaring him!

I took a nap when I got back from work and then Roberto and Marta prepared pork chops for lunch. We eat at typical Spanish eating times. Lunch is usually prepared to be eaten around 2pm. The pork chops were amazing – tomato and pineapple in a tomato sauce. A delicious and simple dish from the south of Spain!

During and after lunch I prepared multiple apple-courget cakes to take to dinner, work and Teresa. They actually didn’t stick to the pan this time, which was a relief because I had a limited number of pans.

Around 6 Monica met Marta, Jordi, Roberto, Zach and me to go take a tiramisu and hot chocolate at the Italian cafĂ©. It was Roberto’s Christmas present from me. The company was good, but the tiramisu was below par. It was actually very dry with too much cheese. I did snap a picture…for those of you who were wondering!

Monica walked back over to our apartment and I grabbed my things for a sleepover! Since Marta, Jordi and Roberto have their exam tomorrow I wanted to let them rest as much as possible and not accidentally wake them when I went to work. Monica has Tuesday off, so she could just fall back asleep if I woke her.

I unloaded my things at Monica’s place and she showed me a few notes on her guitar before we went over to Michele’s (the Italian) for dinner. We waited around for Andy (the Italian’s Irish housemate) to get home and then started the cooking. He waited so he could show us how he makes authentic Italian Carbonara. His tasted much better than mine. I showed everyone the Italy v Europe video Marta had shown me. Michele said he had already seen it, but still laughed because it was true. He also showed Monica the myspace page for the band he is in. He is the drummer. From what we could hear they weren’t that great - mainly due to the singer, but at least they can read music…that’s more than I can do. I sliced up the loaf I’d made and everyone seemed to enjoy it. It is a good dessert because it is not too sweet and it is filling.

It was about 11:30 when we left. I needed to get in bed for my early morning. Monica and I strolled back to her apartment arm in arm and bellies full after having declined to be walked home. It was a nice gesture, but we’re big girls…after all, I had my alarm with me : )

Monica’s bed is huge and both of seemed to sleep pretty well snuggled up under the duvet.

No comments:

Post a Comment